Saturday, April 6, 2019

Duterte: "I would say, I need China more than anybody else at this time of our national life. I need China.... I Simply Love Xi Jinping."



Back in April 2018:
MANILA, Philippines – Before departing for China to attend the Boao Forum for Asia, President Rodrigo Duterte declared he "needs" Beijing to back his administration's priority programs.

"I would say, I need China more than anybody else at this time of our national life. I need China. I will not say something which is not good," he said on Monday, April 9....

Duterte even asked a Chinese reporter at the Monday press conference to relay warm words to Xi.

"I just simply love Xi Jinping. He understands my problem and is willing to help. I'd like to say, thank you China. Please carry the message," he said....

Not bringing up reclamation

 Asked by a Filipino reporter if he would raise reclamation activities in Scarborough Shoal in the West Philippine Sea with China's leaders, Duterte said he would not.

"No, I will just thank them and say thank you for issuing that statement. It's a word of honor for us," he said, referring to China's assurance to him that Beijing will not conduct reclamation in any other feature in the West Philippine Sea.
 From Rappler.





No comments:

Post a Comment